Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bye Bye Blueberry





So yeh...Blueberry and I had an accident the other day. We left for the weekend and I couldn't get onto the internet with my computer so couldn't give any updates. Also there is still some investigation into the accident going on by the insurance company (of course) so I will not give any long detailed explanation. We figured Blueberry was totaled but come to find out she is not. So she has an appointment at the plastic surgeons for the 18th of March and I will be driving a pretty dark gray Mazda 3 rental car until Blueberry comes back looking new. It is my very first (personal) rental car. Yes, I have had rental cars rented for me by Parelli but never one of my own. Interesting.

Whilst Blueberry looks new we will be selling her to the highest bidder. Charles is ready for a Honda or something that is reliable to a fault and I don't blame him.

I am embarrassed to admit that it tears at my heart hard to lose my first car and the car that represents who I am for something less defining. Yet it is an object, a thing and it is my own attachment that is causing this pain. I REALLY would like to be less attached to "things" and more attached to people, experiences and be free to follow my God where He leads even if it requires giving things up. So perhaps on that level it is a blessing in disguise.

If you ask Charles it is simply a good thing on ALL levels. ;-) And since I haven't had to fight over her little personality quirks like he has I can't deny that. :D hehe


And why am I sweaty...I got very sick on Monday night...threw up for the first time in 15 years. HORRIBLE and I am enjoying a fever. YEY! :D Glad it's spring break for me.

No comments: