Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Scene II: Blueberry Hauled Away

The accident has been a bit of trouble. The insurance decided to fix Blueberry and then pretty much exactly a month to the day they changed their mind and decided to total Blueberry. It was at that time the rental car agreement with the insurance ran out as well. So that left us in a bit of a fix...no Blueberry, 3 days of rental to find another car. :-) No, we haven’t found another car and the rental went back last night.

We decided to try to sell Blueberry on Craigslist to see if we could raise a little money for our next car since we got a measly pittance from insurance because it was salvage. The process ended up being frustrating and complicated because I left the title in some box somewhere in Coloraodo. And to make a long, frustrating and boring story short. We sold Blueberry as of today. We met the guy at the body shop at 7:30am this morning and he hauled Blueberry away.

I really did fine until they started the motor to drive it onto the trailer. Something about the sound of the diesel engine purring got to me. I started to cry...not bawling shooting tears crying but tears that welled up and threated to spill over cry. Since we were with the buyer still I choked it down but I expect I will have a good bawl over my pain-in-the-neck, but beloved first car.

No comments: